I am not a great cook, I’m good when I want to be, but honestly my mind is usually somewhere else and following recipes is really, really hard for me. Any distraction – 3 kids, the dog, a friend, a flower – and boom, we are having “blackened” food again … usually without the Cajan part. So I started making my food simple. Really simple. I wanted healthy and easy.
Heat oven to 350 degrees if you are going to bake. You can also do this on the stove top with a frying pan.
- Chicken Breasts – thawed, trimmed if you want, and enough for each person in your party to have 1 servings (3-4oz).
- Limes – 1/2 sliced and 1/2 for squeezing
- Cilantro – leaves chopped, stems removed
- Butter or coconut oil – enough to cover the bottom of the pan, extra if you want it melted on top of chicken for serving
- Melt the butter in the pan of your choice.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan
- Squeeze 1/2 the lime over the chicken
- Sprinkle with 1/2-3/4 of the clinantro
- A little salt and more pepper than salt for cooking
The Cooking Part …
- Cook until Chicken is done. I usually bake for 30 min or cook stove top for 10-15 min on med each side. I use a meat thermometer because it is easier for me to make sure it is done. I also set a timer to remember to flip or check.
- Once done I cover and let rest about 5min while I finish prepping the sides, salad, and get the service ware ready.
- Serve hot with extra slices of lime on top of each piece and a sprinkle of cilantro. Sometimes I add a dollop of butter too.
What to serve with …
I usually serve with any of these: roasted/baked potatoes, rice, asparagus, cauliflower, salad, and/or black beans. Enjoy!