I know getting to your best health can be hard. Each of us have commitments and stressors in our lives that make reaching our health goals difficult despite our best efforts.
Many of us have mental health struggles that add an extra layer of difficulty on top of daily living. We struggle with low motivation, pain issues, feeling tense, on edge, or worried and often can’t seem to get enough sleep. We might struggle to make and keep friendships around that support us or feel anxious going to places where we might have the possibility of meeting new people.
I get it. I have worked with thousands of people struggling with those issues and have guided them to become a better version of themselves.
I create individualized programs for people who are motivated to create their best health with extra focus on:
- Building Self Confidence / Self Esteem / Self Worth
- Weight Loss or Gain
- Depression Management
- Anxiety Management
- Hormone Balance
- ADHD / ADD
- Strengthening our Sense of Self
- Bipolar Management
- Disordered Eating Behaviors
- Addiction Recovery
- Goal Setting and Attainment
- Non-Medical Chronic Disease Management
- Non-Medical Chronic Pain Management
Therapy sessions come in all different sizes. Traditional therapy begins with an intake appointment. We can meet in person or via a HIPPA secure telehealth video conferencing platform. These sessions are typically 50 minutes long.
Sliding fee scales are available and most insurances are accepted. Please contact your insurance carrier(s) prior to our first appointment to determine if I am covered as an in-network or out-of-network provider in your plan and your co-pay responsibly. Co-pays are due at the time of the appointment.
Rates for therapy services range based on length of session and if you will be using insurance coverage. I am willing to negotiate my hourly cash rate based on circumstances and the situation at hand.
Please contact me to discuss your current situation and need.
I work within an integrative clinic with a team of providers focused on health, healing, and being well. You can learn more about all of us at StudioB.Life – the place to CREATE. YOUR. SELF.
Once we get started on your path, you may find you need a “check-in” to stay on track with your goals. These shorter sessions range from 10-30 minutes in length and I offer these in person, online, email, phone, and via text messaging for focused feedback.
At your intake, we will discuss “check-in” options, timing, pricing, and confidentiality concerns.
These sessions are not typically covered by insurance and begin at $25.00 for a 10-minute check-in. Please contact me for more information if you would like to participate in “check-in” sessions. Often 10 or 15 minutes are all that is needed to keep you on track and moving forward between sessions.
You can also find more support on my:
- Vlog where I post 5-10 minute videos on topics related to many of the theme that present in therapy. You can access these videos here and subscribe to my YouTube channel to be notified when a new video drops.
- Pinterest Boards. I curate a variety of boards on books to read, sayings and quotes, workouts, recipes and other inspiration I find on Pinterest to help you have a visual reminder of why you are working so hard, stay focused and inspired, which leads to motivation to keep moving forward. These boards are focused on being well, not what is wrong.
- Spotify Playlist. Music and sound are powerful. Research continues to show us the ways that sound impacts our mood, brain activity, nervous system regulation, and ability to engage fully in our environment. I put songs on this list that inspire me, help get me focused on what is working, and shift my mood. Maybe they will help you too.
- Blog. I started as a health and fitness columnist for my hometown local paper until it was bought by a larger next town over newspaper and my column eventually discontinued. Then I took my writing online. I have been blogging about health, fitness, emotional regulation, and simple food creation since 2008. On my blog you can find many articles to help you cultivate the life you want, not the one you were handed.
In addition to traditional psychology services, I also offer fitness and wellness coaching. These sessions may look like therapy or personal training depending on the needs and goals of the client.
Other services, such as psychological assessments, reports, legal proceedings, case consultation with outside parties, etc., need to be discussed prior to working together. Fees are determined by the situation at hand and estimated time commitment.
Professional Consultation and Supervision
I provide case consultation and clinical supervision opportunities to providers looking to work through a case, enhance their therapy practice, or obtain licensure. My master’s degree work was in cognitive and behavioral therapies, and my Ph.D. focused on somatic psychology in addition to clinical psychology client presentations and psychological testing. These sessions are available in personal or online video.
I have experience working with:
- Personality disorders
- Complex trauma presentations
- Addiction issues
- Children (as young as age 4)
- Non-medical treatments for:
- Chronic disease management
- Personal health goal attainment
- Pain management
I am trained in:
- Somatic psychology modalities
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive therapies
- Behavior therapies and practices
- Solution-focused therapy models
- Using physical exercise as a mental health treatment
In my work history, I have been an:
- Adult therapist
- Integrated behavioral health provider
- Including a school-based integrated health provider
- Child and adolescent therapist
- Crisis therapist
- Acute treatment unit therapist (short term inpatient):
- including assessing involuntary hold/certification status.
- Group facilitator
- Process focused
- Substance use disorder groups
- Personal training/group exercise instructor
I have supervised:
- Adult therapists
- Integrated behavioral health providers
- Substance use disorder practitioners
- Child and adolescent therapists
- Case managers
- 24-hour staff through the rotational on-call supervisor
- Crisis, detox, and acute treatment unit
- Training and certification of personal trainers
I am licensed as a Psychologist (PSY) and Addiction Counselor (LAC). I have also participated in multiple supervisor training opportunities over the years, as well. I am a certified personal trainer (CPFT) and nutrition coach (CNC). I used to train and certify personal trainers for an international accredited certification company (AFAA).
Fees for supervision are based on the situation and time needed. Please contact me to inquire about options for a formal supervision relationship.