This is my attempt at creating the balance I promote for others, in my own life. Having a place clients can check in while I’m not in the office allows me a wide reach to those looking for support, balance, and flow in their own lives when I am not available in person, online, or over the phone.
I am a licensed clinical psychologist, licensed addiction counselor, certified personal trainer, and certified nutrition coach. My clinical practice seeks to capitalize on the positive impact of physical exercise for psychological health.
Education & Experience:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, State of Colorado # PSY0004577
- Licensed Addiction Counselor, State of Colorado # ACD0001032
- PhD – Clinical & Somatic Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Science – Community Counseling, University of Wisconsin – Superior
- Bachelor’s of Science – Kinesiology, Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
- Member, United States Association for Body Psychotherapy
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Hakomi Comprehensive Training Graduate
- EMDR trained
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), Certified Personal Trainer & Group Exercise Instructor
- AFAA personal trainer certification specialist for 9 years
Areas of Expertise:
- Trauma and Stress Disorders
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bipolar disorder/mood disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Obesity related issues
- Non-medical treatments for pain management
- Non-medical chronic disease management
Commonly used therapy modalities include, but not limited to:
- Hakomi Method
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Body Centered Psychotherapy
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapies
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
My philosophy …
To inspire, motivate, and help you become balanced and brave.
I view my role as your guide. You have the map to your life’s path and my job is to help you read that map. Humans are pack creatures and our brains are wired for connection. As a result, when you have someone you trust to help you think through ideas, concepts and possible life directions, you make better decisions.
I want to inspire and motivate you to change your life … not the life you were handed, the one you want.
To find everyday inspiration, we must be balanced. We require a balance of work and play, time alone, social connection, activity and rest. Together, we examine your life balance and make adjustments for optimum well-being.
I have experience working with all age groups from children through adults, including couples and families. I aim to create individualized programs that include exercise, diet and effective coping skills to address a variety of mental health concerns.
My research interests include how the endocrine system, heart rate variability, ATP, musculature, skeletal system, and the microbiome are impacted by both psychological stress and physical exercise and how physical activity may work to address both mental and physical symptoms for comprehensive health.
Many who suffer from psychological stressors also suffer from coexisting health disorders like obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes management. I seek to find non-medical answers to treat this co-morbidities.
Fun Factoids …
- Founder of superiorworkout.com
- Weekly Health and Fitness Columnist in The Daily Telegram of Superior, WI
- Founder and former board chair (2006) of Superior-Douglas County Fit Cities Initiative
- Adjunct psychology professor at Fort Lewis College
- Teaches health-related classes around the country
- Speaker at various forums, workshops and conferences on a variety of wellness topics