I am not a great cook, I’m good when I want to be, but honestly my mind is usually somewhere else and following recipes is really, really hard for me. Any distraction – 3 kids, the dog, a friend, a flower – and boom, we are having “blackened” food again … usually without the Cajan part. So I started making my food simple. Really simple. I wanted healthy and easy.
This one is super easy and allows you to go do something else while it cooks … Like Workout!
Ingredients Needed: Salmon filets, butter or coconut oil, rosemary in whatever form you have, I like ground for this dish, black pepper – I like the kind I can grind
- Get some salmon – make sure it is thawed out (I often forget this step and end up with frozen items :). Enough for everybody to have a portion (3-4oz piece, size of a deck of cards).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking dish with foil (if you want easy clean up)
- Melt some butter or coconut oil – enough to cover the bottom with a little layer of liquid. I just put the oil in the baking dish and throw it in the oven while I get the salmon ready.
- Arrange the salmon in the baking dish skin side down
- Cut a lemon in half. Squeeze one half over the filets.
- Sprinkle Rosemary over the tops of each piece
- Grind fresh pepper over them
- Cover with a piece of foil and bake for about 30 min depending on the thickness of the fish. Should be flaky and light pink inside.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices from the 2nd lemon half cut earlier
Pair with salad, roasted vegetables, rice pilaf, or baked potatoes to make a full meal.
Note: if it is to dry melt some butter over the top and note for next time cooking. Shorten the time.