| Many of our health sabotagers are the folks we work with. Damn those office mates! Most are well meaning. They are trying to be the good one bringing everyone Friday donuts or lunch meeting cookies and pop. However, when we are trying stay on fitness track having those extra calories around can be pretty devastating. How do you handle those well meaning office diet sabotagers?
1) Be pro active – you bring the snacks
2) Post a healthy snack list around the office – hit all the major bulletin boards when no one is looking – somebody is bound to notice.
3) Enlist co-workers in a weight-loss or other fitness challenge – then you are all working toward the same goal
4) Keep healthy snacks in your desk drawers – make ’em good and tasty otherwise you are bound to reach for the sweet treats!
5) Tactfully ask the person responsible for the breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner meeting food to include some healthy treats – be ready with #1 when they ask what types of foods you are looking for.
6) Propose an office wide policy to serve healthy options – people are more productive when they’ve eating something healthy than when they’ve carbo loaded on empty calories and sugar.
7) Ask your boss to sponsor workout incentives – people who workout are more likely to seek out healthy food choices. Bonus for the Boss – companies who have created a workout / exercise program report fewer absentee days, greater productivity, and better employee morale from those who participate.
8) Ask the vending machine supplier to add a few healthy choices in the machine
9) Quit walking by the break room until all the donuts are gone
10) Remember – your fitness is your responsibility. Take accountability for what you feed yourself. What you eat is no one else’s responsibility but yours.