|Getting started can be one of the biggest challenges when we want to become more healthy. Here are 10 tips to get you moving in the New Year.
1) Plan – write out your goals and when you’ll workout.
2) Schedule your workouts like you would any other appointment
3) Enlist a friend with similar goals.
4) Make sure you have the right equipment (in working order) – See my video blog on equipment for a home gym for ideas.
5) Set realistic goals – break them into daily or weekly increments so you’ll feel successful as you go along.
6) Change up your movement – cross train for injury prevention and so you won’t be bored.
7) Do a combination of Cardio, Strength, and Flexibility during your week
8) Focus on today – when, where, and how you’ll workout today
9) Eat a balanced healthy diet – you’ll feel better and it’ll be easier to keep your exercise goals
10) HAVE FUN! Decide to have a good time and it’ll be enjoyable rather than a chore – find workouts you like, notice your increased energy and better sleep patterns to help keep you motivated while your getting into the groove of your new habits.